Specialist in managing the requirements, design and delivery of digital projects, products and optimisation. During my eight years’ of employment I have worked with many agencies and brands, delivering a wide variety of digital projects on a diverse range of accounts. With a BA in Graphic Design and an MSc in e-Commerce with Management, I have acquired a broad range of skills enabling me to efficiently work with creative, technical and management teams. I am passionate about web design and development and blog about things I find interesting: optimisation, comparison and automation.
- Background in web design, web development, e-commerce and optimisation
- Understanding of OOP: HTML, PHP, CSS, JS, SQL, API
- Working knowledge of a variety of CMS: WP, Magento, Joomla, SiteCore, Ektron, EE, Drupal
- Strong analytical background: SEO, CRO, MVT
- Competent using analytics tools: Omniture, GA, GWT, VWO, Crazy Egg
- Able to independently research issues to find solutions
- Experienced with Adobe: Illustrator (UI/UX), Photoshop, Flash and InDesign
- Background in project management: Agile and Waterfall
- Organising sprints, backlogs and documentation using many PM applications
- Able to effectively manage a team and work with a variety of stakeholders to deliver projects
Project Manager, Unique Digital May 2014 – Present Employed as a project manager to streamline processes, manage and develop the company’s existing project managers and lead web projects.
- Worked on global brands such as Avis, Budget, PayPal, Visit Britain, Kettle Chips, Furla, Sanctuary Spa, St Tropez, Wonga, Not On The High Street and internal projects
- Delivered high profile projects including site migrations, web builds and SEO / CRO landing pages, most notably http://blog.avis.co.uk
- Worked on strategy, SEO, UX/UI, content, development and optimisation (tech SEO & CRO)
- Constructed processes to optimise and automate workflow. Including an Excel pricing calculator for project scope and pricing, modular SoW templates, a shared network drive, a project numbering system, an internal newsletter and a new company website
- Led the implementation of the project management system, defined process and trained staff
- Established a professional development environment using GIT – for staging, UAT and production
- Oversaw SEO, Creative, AM/PM and QA meetings
- Provided training in basic front-end web development: HTML, JS, CSS, WordPress and project management methodologies and software
- Developed a display creative CMS for the junior PM to upload campaigns for approval
- Worked with the finance team to produce a companywide rate card
Project Manager, Freelance September 2013 – May 2014 Worked as a freelance digital project manager on mostly B2B projects delivering custom WordPress extensions (themes and plugins) for SMEs.
- Project managed digital web builds, content and optimisation for clients including: John Brown & Associates, Tribus, Kingston University, Finish Creative and 3Mill
- Managed accounts and projects, worked with clients, designers, content managers and developers to deliver digital products
Digital Project Manager, Storm New Media October 2007 – September 2013 Originally joined the company as a Junior Designer, responsible for creating wireframes, site maps and graphics for SMEs. Over six years the role developed into managing all of the company’s accounts and projects. Promoted in 2009 to Project Manager.
- Responsible for turning leads into projects and developing these into long-term profitable accounts
- Managed a team of graphic designers and web developers
- Maintained dozens of accounts, projects, websites, domain names and campaigns
- Worked on UX/UI design, web builds, native app builds, SEO, CRO, social, display and email
- Rigorously managed scope creep which maximised the billing of additional out of scope work
- Managed PM software, timesheets and integration with accounting software
- Modularised workflow which helped the sales team to sell our services as products
- Utilised Waterfall methodology for new clients and Agile to provide retainer income
- Managed proposals (acquisition), scope (expectation management), project design & build (product) and aftercare (retention) for all products
Web Design Lecturer, DofE January 2011 – April 2011 (PT evening) Planned, organised and delivered a 12 week DofE course entitled ‘An Introduction to Web-Design & Development’. The course covered various aspects of the industry with a mixture of lectures and practical assignments to challenge and engage students.
MSc, E-Commerce with Management, Kingston University 2010 – 2012 Modules taken: requirements engineering, research methods, e-Commerce, e-Technology, entrepreneurship, human resource management, broadband mobile networks and corporate database management. BA (Hons), Graphic Design, Kingston University 2003 – 2007 Modules taken: typography, illustration, animation, art history, photography and data visualisation.
I am interested in political philosophy and free-market economics which has linked well with my interest in the internet. I have a particular interest in disruptive applications that make markets more efficient, competitive and transparent, which drastically improve living standards for us all. I am proud to be part of such a fast moving and life changing technological age. I also like to travel, play sports, socialise and blog. Please feel free to add me on LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter or on Instagram.